Community MGR

Woodland House
Vote - What room do you want?

New Room for Woodland House   157 members have voted

1. 1. What room would you like to see added to the Woodland House personal space?

• Walk-in Wardrobe / Closet
    • Poker Room (contingent upon mini-game coding)
    • Laundry Room
    • Gym / Workout Room
    • Games Room (for pool table, etc...depends on what can be coded)
    • Sauna / Leisure Room

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

We have a new poll for you Atom Universe Community Members!

We started a thread back on August 11th asking our community member's to leave suggestion's for what they would like to see in an extra room we have available in the Woodland House personal space.​

We received many good ​ideas, but we finally narrowed down the choices according to what we felt could be accomplished in the room.

So now it's up to you! Please read through the list of choices in this poll and pick the one that you would like to see added as an extra room in the Woodland House.

If you would like to read through the original thread, and/or see a video or pictures of the room. You can check it out here:

http://atomuniverse.net/AU/index.php?/topic/873-whats-in-that-room/

​

Thank you for voting!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

September 18, 2015 update:

The Game Room won!  Thank you all for voting on this poll.

All are very good ideas, this is going to be a tough choice.

Voted.  ;)

VOTE.gif?sbsr=c52767234de338e34222c4d627

Pool table, please =^o^=

Games room looks cool :)

I really liked the idea of having that room be a game room looking something like the pic Kitten posted (http://atomuniverse.net/AU/index.php?/topic/873-whats-in-that-room/#entry11141) with a pool table, big TV screen, and bar. But looking at the size of the room that was shown relative to the rest if the house, it looked a little small for all of that. So I was thinking it might be more practical to go with a large walk-in closet/wardrobe (and no, it's not cuz of that pic I posted of the shoe room for Pixel, although that would be bad azz lol). But then again, there could be a slimmed down version of what was shown in Kitten's pic. I wonder if a pool table was put in if it would work (similar to the one we had on PS Home, but better of course) just like we would need a mini-game made for the Poker room.

Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions. I agree with Bestscreenname, all the ideas are good & it is a hard decision. But really, I'd be happy with any of them... *plays jeopardy theme* .... Voted! :D

Game room is cool. Voted.

I love the fact gameroom was a choice since that was one of my ideas :D hoping for a game room !

Voted  :)

Voted! :D

I love the fact gameroom was a choice since that was one of my ideas :D hoping for a game room !

Well, i wouldn't be suprised if games room is the one that is going to win ^^

It looks like so far the Games room is the most popular, which I also chose.  Tough choice though!  I am sorry that I missed out on putting suggestions forward, as I really would have loved a Library, and also a Garage.  I love books and cars so much.  But Games room is probably good for a social gathering.  I also liked the sauna idea, so hope maybe that could be added at some later stage.  I think the sauna would work well in this type of house and the setting (woodland).

I suppose I'll go with a Game room myself. I couldn't see anything better than a pool table, a Qbert arcade and some Pac-man. lol

Looks like the game room is going to win! :)  Like I said before, I think all the choices are great and I think a game room would be nice, but I just had a small concern about the room maybe being a little too small compared to all that cool stuff we might want to put in there like Kitten's pic: http://atomuniverse.net/AU/index.php?/topic/873-whats-in-that-room/#entry11141 (pool table, big flatscreen TV, bar, etc.)

That's really the only reason I would have chosen something else like the walk-in closet/wardrobe and I like the idea of a sauna as Abiatha mentioned too because I agree that would seem to match the woodland's theme of the house. But still, I'm sure Paul will be able to make it work as a game room and it will look fine. If a lot of the furniture/items in it become removable later, then we could always change it up as we please anyway :)

One question I had though, was about having a pool table in it. I noticed that for the poker room choice, it was contingent upon the mini-game being coded. What about the pool table for the game room?  Would that be "playable" as well? Or would it just be more like still furniture?

Edited by TBaby_84

Looks like the game room is going to win! :)  Like I said before, I think all the choices are great and I think a game room would be nice, but I just had a small concern about the room maybe being a little too small compared to all that cool stuff we might want to put in there like Kitten's pic: http://atomuniverse.net/AU/index.php?/topic/873-whats-in-that-room/#entry11141 (pool table, big flatscreen TV, bar, etc.)

That's really the only reason I would have chosen something else like the walk-in closet/wardrobe and I like the idea of a sauna as Abiatha mentioned too because I agree that would seem to match the woodland's theme of the house. But still, I'm sure Paul will be able to make it work as a game room and it will look fine. If a lot of the furniture/items in it become removable later, then we could always change it up as we please anyway :)

One question I had though, was about having a pool table in it. I noticed that for the poker room choice, it was contingent upon the mini-game being coded. What about the pool table for the game room?  Would that be "playable" as well? Or would it just be more like still furniture?

Hi Trisha

Yes you`re right the pool table game would need to be coded. I havent a clue whats involved in doing that, I could build a table and balls and you can push them around a bit , perhaps i can stack some empty bottles on the table to see if you can knock them over hehe.

But as far as getting all the game mechanics working thats down to the coders. It maybe the case that I do the artwork first and its just made interactive in the future updates. I dont know.

In terms of room size it will be tight, I checked the scale of pool tables and the room is big enough for a table and then perhaps an arcade machine or two in the corner. Perhaps a wall hung tv, but not enough for a bar aswell i`m afraid. I personally had the idea when I was building that it would be a more lounge game room with a sofa and game consoles and perhaps a pinball or arcade machine in the corner as the size of the room isnt that great. 

Hi Trisha

Yes you`re right the pool table game would need to be coded. I havent a clue whats involved in doing that, I could build a table and ****** and you can push them around a bit , perhaps i can stack some empty bottles on the table to see if you can knock them over hehe.

But as far as getting all the game mechanics working thats down to the coders. It maybe the case that I do the artwork first and its just made interactive in the future updates. I dont know.

In terms of room size it will be tight, I checked the scale of pool tables and the room is big enough for a table and then perhaps an arcade machine or two in the corner. Perhaps a wall hung tv, but not enough for a bar aswell i`m afraid. I personally had the idea when I was building that it would be a more lounge game room with a sofa and game consoles and perhaps a pinball or arcade machine in the corner as the size of the room isnt that great. 

Hiya Paul! Yes, I did think that having the pool table playable would require coding just like the poker table. And yes, if all else fails, since we know you are good at breaking bottles, I guess you could turn that into a game lol. If the interaction for the pool table can't be coded, then maybe it might be better to go with your original idea as you described it since as we've both mentioned, the room is a little on the small side. IMO it wasn't critical to have the pool table a part of a game room. I think it was just more important that it was some sort of "game room" to socialize, play games and watch TV (which wouldn't take up any space if it's hung on the wall). Anyways, thanks for responding to my question so quickly and I'm looking forward to the room being completed   :)

Edited by TBaby_84

Voted :o

Voted ;)

Edited by ♥So♥Pixeliciousâ„¢

I vote for gym.

I voted for the closet...shhhh don't tell anyone...oh wait :o

Think you spilled those beans yourself lolz :P

Think you spilled those beans yourself lolz :P

D'oh! >.<