Tanguy

Contest: Create Your Own Private Space!

22 posts in this topic

Design you dream private space for our upcoming virtual world, to win a chance to become an official content provider!

Using Unreal Engine 4, build any space of your liking, which would be your ideal 3D environment to hang out in with your friends in VR. You can use the reference images attached for inspiration, but also feel free to use your imagination!

The lucky winners will see their level published in Atom Universe at launch, and will be offered the opportunity to become an affiliated Atom Republic developer. This means you can become one of our selected official third-party developers, and sell your future virtual items in Atom Universe.

Guidelines: the environment should contain no more than 250,000 triangles, and the project must be below 500 Mb.

Please submit your projects to info@atomrepublic.com, with the following subject line: "Private space contest".

The deadline for your submission is 14th April 2015. Please note that you can still submit your work even if it's not complete. See T&Cs below.

Terms and Conditions

- By submitting your project, you declare that is your own original work which will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of a third party.

- Entrants must ensure that any third party copyrighted material contained in a submitted work has already been cleared with the copyright holder and provide a copy of the clearance to Atom Republic Ltd if requested.

- All projects submitted may be displayed on our website, forum and social media, and images may be used in on-line material to promote Atom Universe.  All entrants give Atom Republic Ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to use their images for all such purposes.

- Any works in progress submitted will be considered, if the artist can guarantee its completion by the 31st May 2015.

- Any work submitted after the deadline will not be considered.

- We will only use your data to administer the call for submissions, and won’t pass that information onto third parties without your consent.

- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to choose to include or not include a submission for use in the game. Even if you are one of the winner, for technical or commercial reasons we may not be able to release your work at launch, though it will then be released in an update.

- Any imagery which is intended to have as its primary purpose an organised political, commercial, promotional or campaigning purpose may not be deemed to be of primary artistic intent and may therefore not be selected.

- You agree to grant us the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, modify, edit and publish and distribute any images, videos, audio, textures or 3D artwork you submit.

- We re not responsible for monitoring, verifying or disproving the identity of any contributor. Any opinions, statements and third party content are those of the respective artist(s), authors(s) or distributor(s), and not of  Atom Republic Ltd.

- Atom Republic Ltd does not endorse any such opinion, statement or other material posted in any image.

- Atom Republic may at some point wish to further reproduce or store, by any means or any media some of the content posted. In order to facilitate this, by submitting your work you agree to grant Atom Republic Ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual royalty-free licence to reproduce, modify, edit, publish and distribute the content you submit.

- Atom Republic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to choose to include or not include such submission for any such use.

- You must own all the rights to any material that you submit. In no event may you submit any third party material protected by copyright without having obtained the permission of the copyright owner. You agree that if you do submit such material, you must state the source and provide a copy of the permission to Atom Republic Ltd if requested.

-You may not submit any material that defames any person, invades their privacy, infringes their trademark or other rights, or which is otherwise unlawful.

-If you are under 18 you must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to submit your work on these terms and conditions and you confirm that you have done so.

- By submitting your work, you are deemed to have accepted the above terms and conditions. 

Wow, what an awesome opportunity!  Good luck to those who enter.

I don't think I'd ever be able to create an entire space from scratch, but I know 4 sure that I can deco it 2 make it Awesome lol Good luck to those that enter :)

:o this is pretty epic and you got me on this one lol. I am sure i can pull some of my moves on the engine and see what I can come up with.

Nice awesome!!!

Very cool contest!  Goodluck to those that enter :D

This is an awesome contest!!!!! I'll do my very best on this! :D

Quiet interesting, but I think i'd have issues running UE4 as I can't even run the game without burning my CPU.. Hahaha..

Awesome I might enter this awesome contest! :D

I hope some PS Home Developers will join LOL. 

Awesome stuff, Tanguy!  I can't wait to see what people come up with.   :) I posted this over at us.playstation.com also!  Let the creation begin!!

downloading Unreal 4 now its not like I know what i'm doing  cause I dont whats that saying Any trained h  

Nice and its' free  providing I don't make a profit  wait  ok  thats not ever going to happen I suppose if I can escape a habitrail I can figure this out for fun. ;)

GOING TO CHECK THAT OUT, ALWAYS WANTED TO BUILD A CRAZY PERSONAL SPACE

I was not aware that we could actually get and use Unreal 4. I am going to look into this. 

[Nonartistic person paces the floor and mutters: "Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!]

[Throws self, on floor and drums heels, screams: "I want them now! I Want Them Now! I WANT THEM NOW!!!]

Since theres no way I would have my current "private space build" even remotely ready for AU and probably not ready by the dead line, is there a possibility to still submit a completed version at a later time? Life has interviened in my current build. :(

And trying to learn UE4 from scratch throws a bit of a learning curve into the mix. :D

Edited by Fanblade

I still haven't started i have unreal 4 , Unity,4 and 5, cryengine2 and haven't a clue how any of them work Hammies do have small brains  maybe that's the problem 

Since theres no way I would have my current "private space build" even remotely ready for AU and probably not ready by the dead line, is there a possibility to still submit a completed version at a later time? Life has interviened in my current build. :(

And trying to learn UE4 from scratch throws a bit of a learning curve into the mix. :D

Thank goodness for the internet. If I had to learn UE4 totally on my own, I think I would've set fire to my computer and thrown it under a passing freight train for good measure. Even with tutorials available it's still a sloooooow slog.

Today's phrase:  Cheddar cheese cake

I still haven't started i have unreal 4 , Unity,4 and 5, cryengine2 and haven't a clue how any of them work Hammies do have small brains  maybe that's the problem 

For what it's worth I don't think hamster brains are the problem. UE4 is turning out to be a fiendishly complex system to learn.

Today's phrase: Cheddar cheese cake

I mean I'm going along at a fair pace and u have watched tons of tutorials and have learned quite a bit. Just taking a bit longer than wanted with life poking it's nose in.

It would be cool if they held more of these.  I was working on something but my desktop died on me and my laptop can't run things like that so it was pretty hopeless on trying to enter.  Even if they don't hold anymore, it won't hurt to keep working on your projects and maybe posting them to give the developers some ideas on stuff.

I still plan to finish it. The experience alone will be worth tons. And I want to see my finished product.