Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK1

Dev Blog #94 - The Valentine's Update is LIVE!

12 posts in this topic

Hello Atomians!

The Valentine's Update is now live! It is packed with awesome stuff: new clothing items, dances, accessories and our most exclusive private space - Ocean Palms Penthouse.

Ocean Palms Penthouse

PalmsPenthouse copy Ocean Palms Penthouse is truly one of a kind luxury space. With spectacular views of the ocean, it features premium designer interiors, aquarium, infinity pool, jacuzzi and private gym.

Interactions

Atom Universe_20180208113710 The Penthouse has 18 different interactions. You can change Day/Night cycle, lift curtains on all floors, change mood lighting and many more.

New Beautiful Outfits for Couples

95F68C4CE1F54D88B4640A350DEC462FAtom Universe_20180208122950 The Valentine's Update has lots of different new outfits for couples. Some of them you can WIN! See our official Facebook and Twitter pages for details.

Classy Atomz Valentine Party

27583155_1481778445268343_10681249_n Want to party on Valentine's Day? Join Classy Atomz Valentine Party Server on 14 February at 6pm CST

See you next week!

What a cool update Victoria :)  Loving the Ocean Palms Penthouse. What a great apartment and what a tease that car is,lol.

Cool new dance pack too and I like the Valentine dress, very stylish :) 

If any of you would like to see what that Sub D sports car might look like on the open road then check out my video link that I made to celebrate the New Ocean Palms Penthouse.

I tried to make it look as much like the Sub D car as possible ( I already had it in my garage, foil wrap red too, I just had to delete the widebody kit, add a smaller spoiler and pop on some shiny 5 spokes) Maybe this could be our Avi's on AU one day doing our thing on the streets ?:D 

Edited by ayax2

Nice!!!!, and happy valentine's day to everyone :-*

Nice place, but does it come with towels? I want one.

I think the Penthouse has become me most favorite private space!! And so here's me review of it -

The addition of the car was definitely A very nice added touch....but if only we could pull off A Fast 7 and literally drive the car straight out the window!! Lolz J/k

The Living / Dining room area -

I think it looks....AWESOME!! Very roomy as well as very spacey, especially for A dance floor!! I do like the couch itself and it's design, it's A very lovely couch :) The TV that can actually play the music from Arcade Plaza is also another nice bonus....but....why not add in the music from Crowbots also?? At least it wouldn't just be the same 3 songs stuck on repeat lolz  And the ability to make it Night time is also....wait for it....AWESOME!!

The Bar -

No, not talking about Sheamus and Cesaro lolz :P I mean the actual Bar that can actually serve drinks from. The overall look is fine, not sure what the point of opening 6 cabinets is, if yea can't do anything with it afterwards. Can't really comment about it's furniture, since it's MIA, but it's most likely just bar stools or something lolz

The Infinity Pool Area -

I think it's also A very lovely area even with the missing water / water / pool physics.  Kinda odd that the water from the sinks have more physics though :P 

The Gym -

Ah yea, the thing that most people had actually voted for....I actually kinda got lost trying to find it lolz....but Wow!! I'm glad that I did NOT vote for A gym, which was A total let down. I did vote for the Bedroom, in which we really didn't get either lolz  this might be just me but for all the other interactions within this space, you would think that the gym equipment would've been to actually interact with as well. And there really wasn't that much actual furniture in it either, which pretty much makes it pointless. But who knows, maybe they add to it in A future update :) 

The Master (Bed)room -

Now as for the Master bed room, or as it should've been called the Master Bed in the room. As since that's all that there was in it lolz The Valentines Decorations for 134 M's was ok, for 9 candles and some rose pedals. Wish their could've been some Balloons, maybe some banners or something else lolz

As for all the other items -

The Blinking Hart animation is very cool looking!!

I did pass on the Lips kiss and the I'm with Cupid T-shirts and of course the dresses lolz :P 

I did buy the rose in the hair, even though I thought 240 M's was A lot  for 1 single rose :) 

The Flirty Dance moves are cute and weird / different but in A good way :) 

Lolz @ driving the car out the window :D  Maybe we could open the window first?  Save cleaning up all that broken glass after :P 

I do like the TV as well, its cool being able to have the choice of music or not. Is there any chance of bringing back the TV tune from the early days of the Cavehouse, I quite liked that one.

I'm with you on the gym. I would have preferred a dance floor as we can actually use that but I guess we can dance anywhere. Anyway a gym is what was voted for and a gym is what we got, we have to respect the democratic decision of the people, maybe the Western Media should take note and do the same with the results of a certain election. It was nearly a year and a half ago people, its done, get over it! lol :))  

The flirty dances are great, good fun :) 

Edited by ayax2

Well....who said anything about opening the window 1st? That would defeat the purpose of driving right thru it. (And no 1 had said that WE had to be the 1 to clean it up afterwards lolz :P )

Actually we could've had A dance floor right where the couch and dining area is. We can just press the button to make them disappear, then  Add in another button that turns it into A dance floor, something similar to the Arcade plaza of course lolz I mean we already have the TV there with the music, only thing missing is well everything else lolz

3 minutes ago, JIGSAW4422 said:

Well....who said anything about opening the window 1st? That would defeat the purpose of driving right thru it. (And no 1 had said that WE had to be the 1 to clean it up afterwards lolz :P )

Actually we could've had A dance floor right where the couch and dining area is. We can just press the button to make them disappear, then  Add in another button that turns it into A dance floor, something similar to the Arcade plaza of course lolz I mean we already have the TV there with the music, only thing missing is well everything else lolz

A dining area that transforms into a dancefloor? What a great idea :D 

1 minute ago, ayax2 said:

A dining area that transforms into a dancefloor? What a great idea :D 

Well of course it is, which why I had thought of it lolz :P 

Nice job on the red car in your video Aya - looks really similar looking to the one in the penthouse : )

I'm not so keen on the gym either, but if it is somehow enhanced in the future with more interactive equipment it might be OK.  Like a treadmill, bike, etc.  I think in the future I would rather see this room be left vacant, and then we can just decorate it how we like, either a dance floor room, a sauna, library, study, games room or second bedroom.  Am I right in thinking there is no shower in this penthouse - there seems to be a downstairs loo and an upstairs bathroom but it doesn't have a bath or shower.  Maybe I missed something or are we supposed to use the jacuzzi/spa outside :P

12 hours ago, Abiatha said:

Nice job on the red car in your video Aya - looks really similar looking to the one in the penthouse : )

I'm not so keen on the gym either, but if it is somehow enhanced in the future with more interactive equipment it might be OK.  Like a treadmill, bike, etc.  I think in the future I would rather see this room be left vacant, and then we can just decorate it how we like, either a dance floor room, a sauna, library, study, games room or second bedroom.  Am I right in thinking there is no shower in this penthouse - there seems to be a downstairs loo and an upstairs bathroom but it doesn't have a bath or shower.  Maybe I missed something or are we supposed to use the jacuzzi/spa outside :P

Thanks Abi, I do hope that one day we get to drive it, and the Snow Mobile from Winter Forest.  I'm hoping that the video sparks the imaginations of the staff in the direction of maybe putting roads on Atom Universe. Atom Republic did that Go Cart race track in Atom Republic Park all them years ago so I believe they can do it, it just needs to be a bigger version and Atom Republic have grown a lot since then.

I can imagine an Atom Universe public space with roads and buildings, maybe pulling some inspiration from Need for Speed, Big City Stories or even Grand Theft Auto, it would be cool if the buildings were usable and we could go in them and even furnish them.

A space the size of The Winter Forest could hold a big road network and plenty of streets and houses too, I'd love to see AU go in this direction.   A friendly version of GTA,lol without the violence and inappropriate behavior :P   I can but hope.

JIgsaws idea of a Dining room changing into a dancefloor is a good one :)

Also it is cool that our Avis can sit in the gym equipment but it would be awesome to watch them pumping iron,lol :P

Maybe Our Avatars physique could be improved if our Avis work out?   In a Sims sort of way I mean. Maybe working out would mean they have to eat more as well?  Its an idea anyway.

On 2/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, AtomAngel said:

Nice place, but does it come with towels? I want one.

The towels idea reminds me of the Granzella Glittering sands private space were we could wear a towel. Maybe something like that could be in an update?

I do like apartments that come with a day night option, a well lit place does look so awesome at night

Penthouse_Night.jpg

Another pic of the Car as it is so very cool :D 

Car_with_Ten.jpg

Edited by ayax2

The gym for keeping, us guys fit, and you lady's petite. So we can dance the night away, I like the gym in the cave house also I'm just saying for me. :-*