Stevev363

Ocean view penthouse bugs

7 posts in this topic

Hello! Got the new penthouse space this morning and unlocked all the extras, after playing around a bit I encountered a few issues.

The birthday items are not showing up at all, clicked a few times but they wouldn't show. Decided to leave the space and try again but the space wouldn't let me leave, got an error notice that travel failed. Let me leave after a bit on my second try and went to my lake house, returned but all the furniture was not showing and I had to click on everything twice to get it to show again. Still no birthday items showing up. The space isn't saving settings from previous visit so any blinds that were opened or lighting choices have to be redone each visit. Third visit to space and I still have to click on furniture twice for it to show up, the only setting showing on arrival is the romantic setting. The car seems to be on a non moving turntable, if your on the turntable near the car and it moves toward you the collision makes the car bump back a bit. Returned to my lake house and realized that all furniture there is not showing up and I need to click twice on all for it to show, could it be possible my saved data has an error? 

I really like the space overall, the music on the tv is a nice touch I wish I had in the other spaces with tv's. 

Hope this is helpful. :)

Just an added note, for a space like this and the cost to unlock everything it would be nice if there was an added extra space or maybe include the birthday and romantic enhancements. 

Thank you for reporting. There are a couple of issues. We have a patch coming soon to fix most issues. 

Thanks for reporting about the birthday items, Steve, as I couldn't get them to show up either.  I don't mind too much about everything resetting each time I go to the space (although would be nice to have the option to reset or have it remain as you left it), but what I find strange is you have to 'hide' the already invisible furniture group (that you had showing when you left but are not visible when you return), and then choose to 'show' it again.  I'm kind of used to it though from some of the other spaces, so I don't mind too much.  I just look ahead to the time in the future when we can decorate our spaces how we like.  I love this new luxurious space and the furniture is beautiful.  Maybe if someone buys this space, and all the furniture, they could get some kind of bonus item, as Steve suggested.  I hope one day visitors might get a free item too : )

would be nice if could head to beach this would been great if did

Edited by flyleaf2800

4 hours ago, flyleaf2800 said:

would be nice if could head to beach this would been gret if did

I'd like to take that car down the elevator and drive it around that coastline highway you can see. :

I bought the penthouse on two accounts, but today I got the furniture for my Abiatha account one and I noticed a slight problem with an interactive furniture board upstairs.  It's the one that controls the Bar furniture.  I had trouble getting the furniture to 'show'.  I believe the problem may arise because the control board for the Romantic decor is on the other side of the wall but in the same position.  When I went to purchase the Bar furniture, I actually got the message 'do you want to purchase the Romantic decor' first, whereas I should not get that message unless I am in that little room on the other side of the wall.  There's probably a conflict there or a chance the wrong board gets selected, depending on where you stand.  Hope this makes sense!

LOVE the sports car, yes would be awesome if we could take it out and drive it on that road you can see from the penthouse :D  I realised today that the car is the free gift you get for buying the penthouse and the furniture and celebrations stuff : ) Even just being able to sit in it would be nice : )

4 hours ago, Abiatha said:

I bought the penthouse on two accounts, but today I got the furniture for my Abiatha account one and I noticed a slight problem with an interactive furniture board upstairs.  It's the one that controls the Bar furniture.  I had trouble getting the furniture to 'show'.  I believe the problem may arise because the control board for the Romantic decor is on the other side of the wall but in the same position.  When I went to purchase the Bar furniture, I actually got the message 'do you want to purchase the Romantic decor' first, whereas I should not get that message unless I am in that little room on the other side of the wall.  There's probably a conflict there or a chance the wrong board gets selected, depending on where you stand.  Hope this makes sense!

LOVE the sports car, yes would be awesome if we could take it out and drive it on that road you can see from the penthouse :D  I realised today that the car is the free gift you get for buying the penthouse and the furniture and celebrations stuff : ) Even just being able to sit in it would be nice : )

Same here Abi. I got the issue with the bar also. Most of the time it wont appear and when it does its transparant (is it supposed to be like that?) .

The car is very cool :)   So cool I made a video of "it" but I'll wait for the Dev Blog before I post it on here, or you could check out my Youtube page if any of you are interested in what that car could look like OUTSIDE the Penthouse, actually doing its thing on tarmac :P