KimoKeller

Chignon Hair Style

31 posts in this topic

The Chignon hairstyle by Granzella was my favorite hairstyle on Home, I always kept it on despite any clothing/costume changes. It fit my avatar so well and just plain looked great. If it is possible to bring this hairstyle to AtomUniverse I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can, including development costs (please message me any projected costs associated with development). GZ_Female01_Hat_china_sidewave_00_S.png_

Posted (edited)

I would welcome some more hair on here too and this one looks great, the image I'm getting is a multi-colored neon version like the rave hair styles of PShome (but thats just me,lol)  a full color codable one would be awesome but please Atom dont make Kimo pay for it herself (very commendable Kim) I'm sure it would be bought up by many players on here and will pay for itself in no time, but yes, more hair, lots lots lots more and long hair too, Why are most hair styles on Atom short? Its not like we have lice,lol :)  If you do use Kim's hair style I suggest you call it the 'Kimo', any one else agree?

Edited by ayax2
additional

Or how bout "The Kimmi", sounds alot cuter than "the kimo" lol.

Posted (edited)

It's settled then The "Kimmi" it is. You listening Atom? lol  Is this the kind of thing that can be asked for in the bespoke items section of avatar customisation? If so how do we show you what we are talking about? A text only description of this hair style would be hard to do if you didnt know exactly what the Chignon , sorry The Kimmy xD, looked like. I have to admit I'm not really sure what this section is for. Does it only provide for the user asking ( The definition of bespoke) and how much does a bespoke item cost? I want a pair of Sarena Ivanka Trump Over the Knee/Thigh High Boots,The Highlands type by Stuart Weitzman I want to be the ONLY one who has them too on all of Atom Universe and I dont care what they cost!! I want them now! lol I'm filling out my bespoke application.I think this can be achieved with the present Eve shoe sole shape.  Obviously you cant use that name (unless you can ) and the boots dont have to look exactly like that (unless they do) , but close would be nice, you get the idea, gimme gimme gimme :)

This is what I'm talking about.Going to be a stretch getting Eve's chunky Tennis player thighs in there but I'll make it workm_5741d4984e8d172c88003c80.jpg

ruqitn-l.jpg

Edited by ayax2

Posted (edited)

Yes, PLEASE Atom add the chignon hairstyle!  Like Kimo, it was one of my absolute favourites and I wore it a lot.  I prefer it to the two buns rave style hair (see pics) but that would be nice as well

d349656f3f6a36c685cbe4b97efc8ade--rave-h 9a4b5dcf89df32c02b0f5d2562bd61d0--space-

Aya, the reason we don't have very long hair (yet) is because it is very hard to do and have it look reasonably natural.  I don't know if you had the anime hair on PS home - the really long hair - but when you moved your head it looked like you had a long stick attached to your head.  I didn't mind that but the longer the hair, the harder it is for it to look realistic.  On PS Home I think we put up with a lot of longer hair that didn't actually look that great (eg the ponytail I am wearing in my profile pic).  On a side note, when AU was still in closed alpha/beta, some of the hair strands on Eve's head actually moved in the breeze!  Unfortunately, it seems that had to be sacrificed to make for a more stable user experience (anyone correct me if I am wrong there).

I found some PS Home pics to show the Chignon hair from different angles so that you can make something similar Atom!  I also loved the side plait hairstyle, so I've included a pic of that.  I think some kind of side ponytail or plait should be achievable.

Luxury_Lighthouse_Apartment_-_v1_p1.jpg

Luxury_Lighthouse_Apartment_-_v1_p7.jpg

Luxury_Lighthouse_Apartment_-_v1_p2.jpg

Luxury_Lighthouse_Apartment_-_17_March_2

Edited by Abiatha

Posted (edited)

Hi, Abi yeah I had the Anime hair on Home, it was so long it covered the number on my back in Aurora,lol and Aww the codeing problems strike again :(  But I am happy with the Long Pony Tail Hair we have on here and its cool that its avilable in 3 types too. I would like to see a lot more. As we are talking hair from PSHome my favorite was The Angelina it looked so good in light or dark colors. Here's a pic in case any devs want to bring it on here.     

Edited by ayax2
Additional

Those boots look amazeballz ayax, great idea and love the pics too. And thankyou for adding more pics for reff Abiatha ^-^  some really good ideas in this thread if ya ask me :D

Posted (edited)

I made some videos of some of the hairstyles on PS Home (female and male).  This video shows the Chignon style and the Anime style 

I loved the Angelina style as well - this video I did shows it at about 3 minutes 15 seconds

Edited by Abiatha

Wow that brought back some memories Abi :o Nice vids, thank you for sharing them w us ^-^

18 hours ago, KimoKeller said:

Wow that brought back some memories Abi :o Nice vids, thank you for sharing them w us ^-^

I try to minimise any PS Home pics and videos but I thought they might help us get the Chignon hair.  I also loved the Formal Affair hairstyle, especially when I first got it and never saw anyone else wearing it!

Posted (edited)

Thats the Anime hair you were talking about? I did have those ones but I was talking about another hairstyle, I thought the series was called Anime but I might be wrong, This particular one might have been called the Yumi or Zumi or something it was long and did that head on a stick thing Abi was talking about,lol  It was good to see your video Abi, If any of you are thinking "I dont remember that apartment" its cos its my Version of Blueprint Home, A PsHome mini game where you could design your own apartment. Some said it wasnt good but maybe that was a lack of  imagination, mine was great

Edited by ayax2

Posted (edited)

I remember Blueprint, one of the few spaces I never got. Not because I didn't like it, but because I had so many personal spaces it was getting to be too much (especially w those super long load times). That was an nDreams personal space wasn't it? :o

Edited by KimoKeller

There was some hairstyles and among other things from the Anime series. While I don't remember who originally made them wanna say Konami but is most likely wrong lolz. The Idol style glow / anime hair that Abiatha shown in her video (Awesome Btw :) ) was pretty much the same hairstyles but The Glow / Animated versions were made by Hell Fire Games. And yes NDreams made the Blue Print Home space.

great ideas i love them

Aya, I don't remember that hair in your pics but I would have loved those styles!  I was always on the lookout for long hair styles but a lot of them looked stiff and unnatural.  Yes, I was referring to the Idol Styles by Hellfire Games before.  I love your outfits in the photos - I had those too, as well as the teddy bear one.  The two Raver outfits you show in the photos were so nice to mix and match with other pieces.  Xaloc (formerly Kovok) remade the pink/yellow one for NR but it doesn't look as good in my opinion.  I remember the Blueprint thing on Home because it had that information area in Aurora.  I never really looked into it and wouldn't have had time anyway but in hindsight I should have checked it out.  Your designed space looks amazing!  A friend of mine used it and made secret rooms and everything!  I'm not much of a builder but it was probably ahead of its time, given how much people like building stuff these days (eg Minecraft, etc).  Like Kimo, I had too many apartments anyway - it could take 30 minutes for me to get into Home on my Abiatha account some days due to loading times.  Thanks for the nice comments Jigsaw : )  I am really glad I made those PS Home hair videos now.  I also did one for the male hairstyles, although I didn't have a lot of those.  You know what's funny is that I took out Playstation Plus just so I could get the additional hair colours - I just had to have that light pink hair :D

Posted (edited)

On August 14, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Abiatha said:

Aya, I don't remember that hair in your pics but I would have loved those styles!  I was always on the lookout for long hair styles but a lot of them looked stiff and unnatural.  Yes, I was referring to the Idol Styles by Hellfire Games before.  I love your outfits in the photos - I had those too, as well as the teddy bear one.  The two Raver outfits you show in the photos were so nice to mix and match with other pieces.  Xaloc (formerly Kovok) remade the pink/yellow one for NR but it doesn't look as good in my opinion.  I remember the Blueprint thing on Home because it had that information area in Aurora.  I never really looked into it and wouldn't have had time anyway but in hindsight I should have checked it out.  Your designed space looks amazing!  A friend of mine used it and made secret rooms and everything!  I'm not much of a builder but it was probably ahead of its time, given how much people like building stuff these days (eg Minecraft, etc).  Like Kimo, I had too many apartments anyway - it could take 30 minutes for me to get into Home on my Abiatha account some days due to loading times.  Thanks for the nice comments Jigsaw : )  I am really glad I made those PS Home hair videos now.  I also did one for the male hairstyles, although I didn't have a lot of those.  You know what's funny is that I took out Playstation Plus just so I could get the additional hair colours - I just had to have that light pink hair :D

Hi Abi, Those Anime styles came out very late in Home's life, around a month-ish before the closure notice I think, so perhaps not many people bought them. Here's another style from the same series (I think) its also a pic of Blueprint home, when I was putting it together I deleted all the interior walls to show how big the place actually was, my Avi's in the middle of the room as well so just as much from behind.Its a basic layout with no DLC stuff which I added later, it got quite good with all the add-ons. I know what you mean about PS Plus, it had a lot to do with me getting it also,lol that and the additional wardrobe save slots. You must have had a huge amount of spaces to slow down your loading times, I had about 60+ and mine loaded up quite quickly but my wardrobe was really, really slow especially hair and going into shops was so slow it was painful, took all the fun right out of shopping. If only we could have deleted some of the junk from our storage, like all the stuff we'd get that we didnt want from various servers, I mean its nice they gave stuff away but I wish they had let us get rid of a bit of it so we could speed things up a bit, a lesson to learned there Ato

While were on the subject of Bluprint Home, as its Ndreams and we already have Aurora would it be possible to bring that back, I'd buy it. I found it was the answer to all other apartments, to me there was always something the shop bought apps didnt have or didnt layout quite the way I liked, I know this is being fussy and the devs did a great job making them but I wanted one just the I liked it and this was 

Edited by ayax2

I used to always say they (PSHome) needed an incinerator for those pesky items we didn't want that jus took up space in our inventory. Someone mentioned (forgot who sorry >_<) having a drop box kind-of thing so new users could go through and take unwanted items other users discarded, not bad idea actually.

You might notice the front is a bit different from the lst set of pics, I thought the drive was a bit narrow and had to do a redesign on it, it meant getting rid of one small front room but it opened the front out nicely, see what I mean about fussy?

2 minutes ago, KimoKeller said:

I used to always say they (PSHome) needed an incinerator for those pesky items we didn't want that jus took up space in our inventory. Someone mentioned (forgot who sorry >_<) having a drop box kind-of thing so new users could go through and take unwanted items other users discarded, not bad idea actually.

The drop box sounds like it would have been good, the newbies could have had my pottermore uniform and that awful clown suit from Acorn Park not to mention a bunch of other stuff I really disliked,lol

Lol, well you did really good job, place looked pretty epic :)

Posted (edited)

On August 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM, KimoKeller said:

Lol, well you did really good job, place looked pretty epic :)

Thanks :) As we're talking about Aurora I'm wondering if any of the rewards could make a come back? Ok I know LMO's are a problem as we dont have them (yet?) but maybe we could have the reward spaces, like this one with the elephant, whose name was Nubla btw and is on a painting in a gallery in Spain and also featured in a game of the same name, which I played (an easy plat if anyones interested) it had those long legs so it could walk across the Sea of Imagination, just so you know :)

Edited by ayax2

6 hours ago, ayax2 said:

Thanks :) As we're talking about Aurora I'm wondering if any of the rewards could make a come back? Ok I know LMO's are a problem as we dont have them (yet?) but maybe we could have the reward spaces, like this one with the elephant, whose name was Nubla btw and is on a painting in a gallery in Spain and also featured in a game of the same name, which I played (an easy plat if anyones interested) it had those long legs so it could walk across the Sea of Imagination, just so you know :)Play_Station_R_Home_Picture_02-11-2014_0

I always thought that elephant was amazing - how on earth did you know about the painting!?!  I am interested in art, so would love to see a pic of the original painting - do you know who the artist is?  Much as I loved all the Aurora reward spaces in PS Home, I personally wouldn't want Atom to try to recreate everything.  It's nice that we have the Aurora space and orb runner, but I would rather see new spaces, not re-makes of PS Home spaces.  They would never be exactly the same, so I would rather just have the memories of the original spaces.  Something derivative of those spaces, maybe with some of the loved features of those would be nice though : )

Btw Ayax, the Orb Runner game does feature some of the original rewards from the PSHome version :o  Just no spaces, companions or LMOs (yet). As far as Aurora spaces go I'd at least like to see the tree fort one make a return, had the shooter mini-game in it. XI space making a comeback would be really neat too. And Ooops! I think we all went way off original topic lolz XD

19 hours ago, Abiatha said:

I always thought that elephant was amazing - how on earth did you know about the painting!?!  I am interested in art, so would love to see a pic of the original painting - do you know who the artist is?  Much as I loved all the Aurora reward spaces in PS Home, I personally wouldn't want Atom to try to recreate everything.  It's nice that we have the Aurora space and orb runner, but I would rather see new spaces, not re-makes of PS Home spaces.  They would never be exactly the same, so I would rather just have the memories of the original spaces.  Something derivative of those spaces, maybe with some of the loved features of those would be nice though : )

Hi Abi, Salvador Dali did a lot of Surrealist Elephants in his "The Elephants" series, a very similar look with the stilt legs. Another thing Salvador painted a lot was Melting Clocks which was also a reward from Aurora, got to be a connection there but I dont think he painted the actual elephant we see in the Reward App, that one may have been by Eduardo Sola but I'm a bit out of my zone on this so I may be wrong (was it a tribute?) . I think that exibit is in the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, its pretty obscure though so I'm guessing one of the original Aurora Devs was into thier Dali Surrealism in a big way. It features in the Playstation game Nubla though with a lot of other art work (the whole game is all about art) If you like art you'll love this game, its an inexpensive  short game, I finished it in an hour second time around and its an Eu and US game and those trophies are stackable too so 2 platinums for you there if you get them in both regions but the art alone is reason enough to buy it, hope this has been a help to you :)

11 hours ago, KimoKeller said:

Btw Ayax, the Orb Runner game does feature some of the original rewards from the PSHome version :o  Just no spaces, companions or LMOs (yet). As far as Aurora spaces go I'd at least like to see the tree fort one make a return, had the shooter mini-game in it. XI space making a comeback would be really neat too. And Ooops! I think we all went way off original topic lolz XD

You really did make me lol there Kim :)) take away the spaces, LMO's and companions and what do we have left? A couple of hats :) I would also like to see the shooter game back. Wasnt that from the Private bought space? There was a daily scoreboard in it, Is that the one your talking about? it was a fun game. What was the original topic again? oh yeah Hair Styles :/ To keep on topic I would like to suggest the shoulder length  Sodium hair with the optional colored front, that might be an easy one to do with present coding, a lot of people on PSHome bought that and I'm sure a lot would on Atom too

Posted (edited)

Thanks Aya, I will definitely check out both the Dali paintings and that game.  I had a quick look at the game and it didn't grab me but I will take another look.  I have too many games to play and not enough time!  I completely agree that nDreams or whoever designed the whole Aurora thing must have been into surrealism in a big way - here's a picture of the melting clock from one of my videos.

Orb_Runner_Time_Booster_Max_pic.jpg  

I never played the XI games, although I did play those ones in the public space near the end of Home.  I had that XI apartment - it was one of a few I bought towards the end of Home - I loved that space and it would be great if Atom could make something along those lines - something that plays with your whole perception.  So much more interesting than just a beach space, although that's nice to have as well.  I loved the understated music in that space too and the lighting.  I was so bad at that Aurora shooting game, lol.  I tried to find a picture online of the Sodium hair you mentioned but no luck!  The sad thing is that the PS Home items database, which was being migrated after Home closed, seems to have disappeared.  And the YourPSHome site also seems to have moved to Twitter, so it's very difficult to find pictures now - both of those were great resources.

Edited by Abiatha

Yeah thats the clock I was thinking of, I wonder if that was another painting of his?  games being culturally educational, who'd have thought :)