Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayax2

gaming
Unreal Engine Crossovers

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is it true that Atom Universe uses an Unreal Engine? Would that mean that a crossover is possible with another game that also uses the Unreal Engine? I ask because Borderlands uses the same one and its one of my favorite games.I think Borderlands 3 is going to use the Unreal 4.  I personally would love to see a crossover of some kind. As most people on here will already know Playstation Home had many crossovers with other games and were well liked, I had my favs too. The timing for Borderlands 3 could not be better, Borderlands 3 will be coming out soonish (thats 3 , not the Pre-Sequal) so maybe a bit of dual publicity sharing? It would be awesome to have a Lilith full body costume on Atom, or even just her clothes to wear. Gearbox are a very cool group of people and I think you'll find them to be very approachable and receptive to suggestions on this matter (The fact that they did a trophy for a deceased fan of the game in B2 and made him a one of the characters you talk to, Michael Mamaril, shows this, what other game would do such an amazing tribute to a fan? Anyway its just a suggestion. I've no idea if you had plans for crossovers but it would be cool to see them on here, and loads of games use the Unreal engine so you have that advantage unlike the competition (nice move Atom, you got the best one)  could be an untapped resource

Edited by Aya
Additional

Atom Universe does indeed use Unreal Engine and it would be possible to do a merge over but the game would have to first be redesigned a bit on the coding side to take in the data Atom Universe uses and to use the character models. Games are mostly closed looped systems that don't allow outside things to go in that are not programmed to do so. But yes technically it would be possible if developed that way.

Technically possible is good. Though I do realise that Atom already has a lot on its plate. Perhaps maybe in the future?