LawrenceWolf

Furniture rework?

2 posts in this topic

I feel the furniture should be reworked so you don't have to spend REAL money for it, since (as far as I can see) there is no other way to get Molecules. At the very least, make it available to be bought with either Molecules or Atomz. If done that way, I think 2-4 times what the molecules cost is, would work for the Atomz cost. Though what I would PREFER is something using that same system I just mentioned, but there is the option of picking the furniture, and where to place it. That way, players can customize their spaces, instead of each place ending up being the same for everyone that gets all available furniture. It would improve upon the game quite well, and likely make more players interested, since most are likely those who used to be PlayStation Home players, like myself. I know this is still alpha, so there's a long way to go, but that furniture change could very well change things up enough to grow the user base, bringing much more to the community, since it is very likely to help PS Homers feel better, and suggest it to friends, even those without a ps4. 

This hasn't been discussed in awhile but as far as I know the current furniture system is a placeholder.  I do agree that it would've been better suited to use Atomz from the start on that but since it's already in place with Molecules, I'd imagine those who have spent to unlock the preset furniture would be pretty upset.  Maybe Tanguy or one of the developers could comment but I do believe the plan is to have a full fledged furniture system similar to what we saw in Home.  However, there's a lot of core work/fixes to be done before AU reaches that point.