Ransom_Stark

Suggestion's & bug fixes.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here are a few of my ideas & suggestion's currently. 

BLOCK:
Using the block feature is currently useless in game. (My Opinion) 
If able, When someone block's someone, Please have that blocked user vanish from the scene. 
Currently blocking a user only mutes them, Which still allows them to see you, Follow you around,
Stand in your way, dance in your way, ect ect, Pretty much still able to harass & annoy the hell out of 
any user, I see it every time I use Atom Universe, There is always someone if not multiple people being harassed.
Including myself, This is a BIG ISSUES. Also if it's a personal or public instance created, It would be of great help 
to have the user that's being blocked, Kicked from the location in general without the ability to re-enter until Unblocked. 
They take up a space that can be used for someone else, & It's just annoying.   

Streamlined Usernames:
I know this has been brought up before.
It would be great to have PSN & PC names without a bubble around them with a color border.
It's not needed, & Takes up room on the game. 

Chat Bubbles: 
Another annoying issue a lot of have is the chat bubbles. 
They have a bubble & bold color boarder, It's not transparent & when in a crowded room, 
You can't see anything that's around you when the whole screen is covered with non-transparent chat bubbles
from everyone talking at one. 

Using the Menu to Type:
If able, I would like to see all users being able to use they're keyboard without have to press triangle & fumble around with the chat box, 
Small/large misc in order to chat. 
If using a keyboard & the USB to it is plugged in, We should all have the ability to "Free Type" 

UI's: FRONT END/BACK END
FRONT END:
Still very conflicted about the UI's. 
I know they have been updated from the start screen & in-game. 
I still currently do NOT care for them.
The new Front-End UI is very confusing & frustrating to use just to get in game. 
Once I started to get the hang of it,It's is still frustrating. 
ALSO GREY SCROLLING STATIC IN EVERY FRONT END OBJECT IN THE MENU! 
THIS IS STRAINING NOT ONLY ON THE EYE'S BUT THE APPEARANCE ON THE USERS TV AS WELL.
When I hear ATOM UNIVERSE, I 1st think Outer space , Futuristic & everything in between, 
But the Grey Scrolling Static in every Object box on the front end UI, 
IT LOOK'S LIKE I AM PLAYING A DAMAGED VHS TAPE FROM THE 90'S. 

BACK-END UI (In-Game) 
I don't even know where to begin with this. 
Now please don't take it to heart, I am just voicing my opinion 
to help developers & users have an amazing, fun experience where they will want to stay 
& play longer, Without the need to bounce back & forth to different based app's w/similarities.  
I am still very disappointed with the In-Game UI. 
I would love to see the original DEMO IN-GAME MENU RESTORED.
It provided flawless transitioning from dancing, moving,siting ect ect, 
Looked nice, was so easy to use, Not having to fumble around scrolling from Left to Right. 
Example: 

Bug's & Fixes: 
I'm sure by now everyone know's about the hole's in the wall of both sides of the VIP lounge at the Arcade Plaza. 

Chat box is still screwy, This should be one of those TOP Priorities along with Blocking/Kicking 

Might also want to suggest re-labeling the ESRB on Game from E for Everyone to Mature. 
Every time I log in, Someone is using the N word, people are calling each others ******'s 
and everything in between, Cussing non stop, Very VERY VILE PEOPLE on there. 
The chat censorship is okay, But not when you log on & the 1st thing you start seeing in chat & big on screen 
*is users circumventing the chat filters to use explicit language* ~Moderator Edit~
I can't & won't even use Atom Universe while my daughter is home, Shes soon to be 11.  
I know the ESRB E rating is not based on Online Interaction, But in this case I would 
highly suggest re-labeling the rating. 

Arcade games seem a little low fetch/generic 
I have yet to see any of the Arcade Cabinet's draw a crowd. 
Might want to think about adding in-game virtual reward's instead of low-end Atom's. 
That would make me & I know other's play the games & should draw crowd's. 
Another suggestion with the Arcade Cabinet's, If you decide to sell each one individually,
I would have the personal one's loaded up with different virtual items as rewards. 

If anyone else know's, Or would like to chime in about other issues I might of failed 
to suggest, Please feel free to chime in. 

Just some suggestion's with honest feedback/criticism.
I hope no one takes it to heart, & I hope some changes can be made. 
Only way to get users to stay & continue to have fun. 

Much Love & Positive Vibes to anyone who decided to read through this. 

Edited by bestscreenname

Totally agree +1

they are working  on somwething big  it coming soon 

I agree with you on the community being god awful lmao, but that's pretty much every "social game".

I'm sure everything will get better if the blocking feature get's better with a mix of being able to create your own place. 
The kick feature is highly needed, Same with the person that's being blocked in a public location, Vanishing., 
with both player's not being able to see & interact with each other. 
That, & hopefully some of the other things I mentioned. 

The blocking feature should have avatar facing away from you or even better be invisible from your screen.

We should have badge for our avatar right beside our Online ID instead of being colored like this for example: tumblr_inline_nkn7g916ET1tpukfg.pngsteam-logo-37A2862F0B-seeklogo.com.png

I also wish we can have the option to personalize our chat bubble in certain color instead of random

Well Project Nebula is rated Mature I would give AU a Teen rating

I agree there nothing we can do much with Atom aside from buying generic items I wish there were more items to purchase with Atom instead of Molecule

The chat bubble should be re-sized depending on how long your sentence is and could be re-positioned in case it being blocked from another person

Agree. +1

Making someone invisible after blocking and in turn yourself invisible to them has been talked about a lot before, even before AU went into closed Alpha and I'm 99% positive that it's still on the road map of features.  Kicking from a personal space and hosted server is definitely needed though, it's pretty rough hosting a space and having a troll run free in it.  Making chat bubbles have transparency may sound good on paper but trust me in that it will be an absolute nightmare in practice and will be even more crowded and harder to read. All that is needed to combat that is proximity which is a planned feature but I'm not sure when.

I was among the few that had been talking about the Poof Be Gone aka make them invisible block feature. It's 1 of the reasons that I love 4 Kings so much lolz :P As most knows, Home had it to make the blocked person be turned away, facing away from you, which looked odd especially if said person was sitting at A table. It should just be poof be gone, outa sight, outa mind.

Last time I was able to use....well....anything....lolz....the X-mas update, of course there was few people swearing up A storm with every other word. But then again, there's always gonna be somebody around to ruin something for somebody, which is why we need the...."Just set it and forget it." Aka Poof Be Gone lolz

I also did notice that the chat bubbles almost literally took up half the screen, if you were facing the Avi talking. I don't know if they were still testing those or whatever but they really don't need to be that big. On Home, they wasn't that big and actually had A Cut off point. Maybe that why they were that big cause it didn't cut off At A certain point lolz oh and yes they were hard to read.

I've never tried to chat on AU yet, But I do agree, we should be able to Free roam chat using our keyboards. It is able and it possible to be done, do I really need to say why lolz Having to press A few buttons just to be able to chat seems pointless. I mean we have to press buttons on our keyboards to chat anyways so just have it that way lolz

I do also agree with the Arcade games never being an actual attraction....mostly because there's nothing really attracting about them. Since on Home, Most people just bought and played them just to get any rewards from them and once they did, they didn't care about them anymore. And idk if Home ever had any arcade games that were in public places (Midway For Example) so....if they updated them with new rewards, like say every 3 or 4 months or so, or even have tier levels rewards, I think that would make them appear to be more appealing and people might actually play more. I don't see many people playing them only just to get 20, 30 or 50 Atoms, especially if they trying to get certain items, they would have to play close to 100 or 1,000 times just to be able to get an item.

Oh....btw....how could anybody not see the whole in the Arcade Plaza lolz :P 

Posted (edited)

Great post Ransom - I think you have covered quite a few areas which could be improved.  I agree with you about the VHS tape looking bit of the UI - I'm used to it now, but it doesn't look so good.  Personally I haven't had any problems with trolls but agree they should disappear from view if you block them.  Agree with bestscreenname that it would be great if you could kick people from your own personal instance of a public space if needed.  Agree the game should be changed to adult or mature - people just get around the profanity filter and it's easy to read the bad language, insults, cursing and 'adult' conversations.  Agree totally about the arcade games - they are really well done but there's not a lot of incentive to play them without rewards.  Getting more atomz is no incentive at the moment but game-specific trophies or rewards would be.  I would love to see some trophies that we can place in our personal spaces sometime down the track.  Or perhaps the arcade games could be incorporated into some kind of daily tasks, a bit like the Challenges on Home, so that playing them counts towards something.

Edited by Abiatha