Community MGR

Poll Eight: Virtual Reality

Are you interested in Virtual Reality?   179 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Virtual Reality?

• I'm a bit curious...
    • I want to try it...
    • I will definitely buy a Virtual Reality headset!
    • Yes, I have a VR headset and I'll use it!
    • Not at all, see reason below...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

I could try it but I wouldnt buy it unless its not so freaking expensive. 

If I ever get one it would be awesome to use it during a roller coaster in AU :D

It those look fun and enjoyable, But I will wait and see reviews from other gamers before i purchase PM, I just hope sony support it unlike there Ps Vita and PSTV which they have more or less abandoned.

Hello "Atommies".

I think a "virtual reality" -at least as we concieve it in few years- will be quite stressful, especially with that glasses, artificial lights..., after all, I am "joystick" and a "TV" guy, so... :)

I'm also interested in VR technology. The $400.00 price is reasonable. I would like to try it out in the store before I buy it.😌 I would have to save some money for a couple pay days to get it.🤗  I'm still waiting to play AU on Ps-4. I loved "Home" on Ps-3 and I miss hanging out with my friends. 

On 3/15/2016, 11:15:15, Dawn said:

I'm also interested in VR technology. The $400.00 price is reasonable. I would like to try it out in the store before I buy it.😌 I would have to save some money for a couple pay days to get it.🤗  I'm still waiting to play AU on Ps-4. I loved "Home" on Ps-3 and I miss hanging out with my friends. 

Hello Dawn, I can't wait to try out the VR tech too, but for me the price is quite steep, might take me a while to afford it. I thought the gloves were the most interesting part of the experience and I'd really like to try them out. What did you think of them? We're always glad to see former PS3 Home fans in Atom Universe and I look forward to meeting you in-game! :P

Yes it is very expensive. They may come down a year from now. Being a single mom it would be one of those things you just save for. 😊 I had to save up for a new Ps-4.  I can't wait till AU comes to Ps-4. I'll see you on Ps-4 🤗 

5 hours ago, Dawn said:

Yes it is very expensive. They may come down a year from now. Being a single mom it would be one of those things you just save for. 😊 I had to save up for a new Ps-4.  I can't wait till AU comes to Ps-4. I'll see you on Ps-4 🤗 

I hear you, I was a single mom too and I know how hard it is to make ends meet. I either have to save up or get one as a gift too. 

why isn't no an answer lol

I'm all in! just purchased mine! so happy!:))

I'm curious about it but it looks pricey :o

I'm not getting one till Black-Friday! LOLC:-)

I read Ps VR coming in Oct but it only for ps4 and I still only have PS3. Maybe I will have ps4 by then after I save money for it but then I have to save for that so will take more time after that lol. I know they have VR for PC too but price is about the same and I need better PC too lol.

On 3/18/2016, 2:59:10, xanfruit said:

why isn't no an answer lol

I thought that was an excellent point! It's been added. Thank you for the suggestion @xanfruit :)

21 minutes ago, AU-Community Manager said:

I thought that was an excellent point! It's been added. Thank you for the suggestion @xanfruit :)

your welcome after reading up more about ti it does seem kinda cool even though it's the same price as a ps4.

Oh good idea to have no added as option for voting. I still say I interested to try even if it expensive. Maybe can try demo at a show or I get one as present like CM said :) oh and before I say something wrong about VR for PC cost same as for PS4. Sorry. I read today that shipping of oculus rift starts. They take pre-order in Jan and it cost $599: http://www.wired.com/2016/01/the-oculus-rift-costs-599/

so that even more expensive than Ps VR which is $399. Wow these are all more expensive than consoles lol. But I sill want to try somehow because what I read look very interesting to me. I think VR is future of gaming and am excited for it. Good that AU will support VR. Can u imagine if home was in VR? And AU now look even better with graphics than home so even better! :)

VR is the future, of that I have no doubt,  I wonder that AU will look like in vr mode? awesome for sure :)

I have a PS VR. I think it'll be awesome if the users that wear their VR headsets in game have a visible virtual VR headset on in game (if they choose to). Great conversation starter.

Maybe someone can convince Loot to abandon Steam and bring their Hollywood Hills VR Mansion over to Atom Universe. 

3 hours ago, King_Gundyrat said:

Maybe someone can convince Loot to abandon Steam and bring their Hollywood Hills VR Mansion over to Atom Universe. 

I second that :)

Sound fun in that way