Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlammableAce

Pause / Options Menu UI Concept

13 posts in this topic

AU does not currently have a Start / ESC menu so I decided to put a quick concept together.

The menu is featured on the left side of the screen with multiple tabs that open up on the center-right side.

Current menu options;

• Locations (public and private)
  • Messages (Green icon indicates 5 unread messages, grey if no messages)
  • Friends (Includes icon that indicates number of friends online)
  • Inventory (Objects, Interactive items, etc)
  • Favorites (including items, public spaces and personal spaces)
  • Settings
  • Appearance options when highlighting/hovering over avatar picture

Menu & Friends list

I did multiple layouts for the friends list (could come down to a user choice in the settings). Includes status indicators (Online, offline, afk), also includes information like current location or game-mode and an image of the users current avatar.

Once a user is selected in the friends it will change to a PS4 Profile like layout with everything from bio's to recently unlocked awards, etc.

I may expand on this concept further and create other tabs.

V2 - The side bar background could be customizable.

lAWWOFj.jpg
u50Hxfd.jpg

V1

EuM4p0O.jpg

4Iysq3V.jpg

Full sized images:

http://imgur.com/a/mDBjP

Navigator Concept

I have started working on a navigator concept, the navigator is an easy way to explore public and personal spaces.

V.3 The tabs are now the same size

fWM57Mf.jpg

FULL SIZE: http://i.imgur.com/fWM57Mf.jpg

V.2

http://i.imgur.com/xF5Sym6.jpg

V.1

http://i.imgur.com/LaQ0vMw.jpg

//Update//

I have been working on a new design for the space selector menu, this is what I have so far!

Navigator Alternative

(I'm not finished with it yet! still making changes, here's an example of a personal space row)

GxgOhpc.jpg

Then we have the "Finder" screen, this lists the developers so you can easily find and access a bunch of spaces the developers have created

trwSniu.jpg

You can then press X to enter the sub menu, where you can find a list of spaces that developer has created

(These would all be public spaces, but I just used the personal spaces for this example)

VXxAKMb.jpg

ALT VERSION:

jdI3dI4.jpg

The other tabs are "Whats New, Trending, Game Spaces, Personal Spaces" all unfinished.

The background is just a random background I picked for the images, it would be nice to be able to have a custom background though!

//UPDATES

• Updated side menu with appearance options.
  • Added V1/V2/V3 Navigator concept.
  • Added new space selector concept.
  • Updated friends menu
Edited by FlammableAce

Wow, that's really good stuff!

That's some great work you've done there! 

I've got to stay that I really like the 1st picture, everything looks better in a list 8)

Thank you Flammable, good suggestion.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it :)

EDIT//

Added some navigator concepts to the OP, I'm currently experimenting with color changing backgrounds when a tab is changed.

eeDwsbu.jpg

AUxJMpg.jpg

Edited by FlammableAce

o wow these pics look cool. so do you work on the game? i like those last screens. reminds me of that navigator thing from home. we need something like this to get around in the game so i think its a good idea.

Wow impressive Luke! Love the concept of it and it all looks real nice looking too, defo something AR are right to consider! :D Nicely done ;)

It's all very nice and clean, good work on the pics.  The personal and friend menu concept is fantastic.  However, the navi concept is essentially just a reskin of the Home navigator is it not? It's not bad by no means, just all too similar in my opinion.  Perhaps different shapes or orientation would change it up enough?  I look forward to the progress and future concepts.

Edited by bestscreenname

19 hours ago, bestscreenname said:

It's all very nice and clean, good work on the pics.  The personal and friend menu concept is fantastic.  However, the navi concept is essentially just a reskin of the Home navigator is it not? It's not bad by no means, just all too similar in my opinion.  Perhaps different shapes or orientation would change it up enough?  I look forward to the progress and future concepts.

I'm glad you like some of my concepts :)

The navigator is definitely influenced by the Home navigator, however it does have a different design/orientation (The home navigator had Xross Media Bar design whereas mine is vertical).

example Home navigator:

5xs7lXs.png

vs

eeDwsbu.jpg

I do understand how some people may think it seems too similar though. :)

EDIT: I am working on a different style, hopefully people will find it more unique than my Navi concept! :)

Edited by FlammableAce
Added in a smiley :D

Wow!  That menu really looks good FlammableAce

Thanks @bkbv

Here's the new style I'm working on, it moves away from the squared styled navigator into a more fluid one. 

(I'm not finished with it yet! still making changes, here's an example of a personal space row)

GxgOhpc.jpg

Then we have the "Finder" screen, this lists the developers so you can easily find and access a bunch of spaces the developers have created

trwSniu.jpg

You can then press X to enter the sub menu, where you can find a list of spaces that developer has created

(These would all be public spaces, but I just used the personal spaces for this example)

V1jdI3dI4.jpgV2VXxAKMb.jpg

The other tabs are "Whats New, Trending, Game Spaces, Personal Spaces" all unfinished.

The background is just a random background I picked for the images, it would be nice to be able to have a custom background though!

Edited by FlammableAce

This is what Au's menu needs ASAP- Looks great and simplified for everyone. As of now Au's menu is "Crap" 

somone  hired flammableace  ASAP because he could used on making AU great.Dude you are good at this concept.