Dave @ AU

Access the testing branch on Steam (Arcade Plaza)

48 posts in this topic

Greetings,  

From time to time, we'll be using the our testing branch to push out new updates before we push them out onto the main branch on Steam. These updates are bleeding edge fresh from the build machine. Due to the nature of these builds there's a strong possibility that bugs and glitches will be running wild. 

Now, if you're a fearless bug hunter, you'll be able to get access to this testing branch by following the steps below. However, if bugs are not your thing we suggest that you remain on the main branch for a more solid experience.

Accessing the Test branch

Let's get to it! Follow these simple step and you'll have access to the developer branch in no time.

• Open your Steam Client
  • Find Atom Universe and right click on it 
  • Find 'Properties' in the drop down menu and click on it
  • A new window will pop open and you should be able to see the 'BETAS' tab, click on it. 
  • Enter the following code in the textbox - Atom20160320
  • Select the 'king pin' option from the drop down menu
  • Allow Steam to update Atom Universe 

After these steps, you'll be able to explore the latest build. 

We hope you all have a great weekend and happy bug hunting!

Awesome! I'll be on after my movie!

Thanks Dave! I'm about to try that now! I wanna try this out real quick before taking my daughter and the other kids to the children's museum. Then I'll try it out more tonight. This is all really so exciting! :D

Edited by TrishaBaby
changed destination of water park to children's museum b/c we are going to water park tomorrow (I got the days mixed up)

Ahh! I was checking the beta's option earlier. Downloading it now :D super hyped!

Dave, quick question. It sounds like our current version of the client will be updated once we follow these steps. Once I do that, I am assuming we will no longer be able to play with PS4 Alpha testers anymore because they will be on a different version of the game. So I was wanting to be able to switch back to the current version easily. Luke suggested I could unselect the "king pin" drop down and then I would be reverted back to the previous version I had before. Can you please confirm that?  Also, is there a way to have a copy of both versions of the game running on your PC at the same time? Fanblade had suggested making a backup of the current version we have and so I thought about doing that, but I wanted to check with you to make sure before I did anything. I want to be able to access both versions without having to "toggle" that drop-down list option if possible, e.g. I have 2 separate shortcuts I can use to access both the Early Access version and the Alpha version.

Edited by TrishaBaby
added additional clarification to the last sentence

You'll be able to swap between the test branch and the main branch, but that could affect any progress you make in the test branch (i.e. unlocking bowling balls and the amount of Atomz you have). However, while in the test branch you will not be able to play along side PS4 players until the same version is available on both Steam and PS4. 

On my end it says "Steam is having issues connecting to it's servers" 
Reset me pass, Went through Steams connection troubleshooting, & still 
can't connect. Anyone else having issues with Steam connecting right now? 

Just curious if i'm the only one & it's something on my end. 

I have to say the new test branch is amazing. I did have a bit of issues with a few things but seems good now.

2 minutes ago, Ransom_Stark said:

On my end it says "Steam is having issues connecting to it's servers" 
Reset me pass, Went through Steams connection troubleshooting, & still 
can't connect. Anyone else having issues with Steam connecting right now? 

Just curious if i'm the only one & it's something on my end. 

I have had that issue happen a few times when trying to log in. It normally just fixes itself thou after i close the program and re open it.

Just now, Steven1230 said:

I have had that issue happen a few times when trying to log in. It normally just fixes itself thou after i close the program and re open it.

Thank's, I tried that a couple different times, w/ even a restart. 
I'll restart the laptop it's self first and try again, If not i'll wait a few 
& try again, Thanks for the heads up. 

Hope to see everyone soon. 

14 minutes ago, Dave @ AU said:

You'll be able to swap between the test branch and the main branch, but that could affect any progress you make in the test branch (i.e. unlocking bowling balls and the amount of Atomz you have). However, while in the test branch you will not be able to play along side PS4 players until the same version is available on both Steam and PS4. 

Thanks Dave. Would what you say also hold true if you backed up a copy of the other version (in another folder as Fanblade had suggested we do) instead of toggling that setting, e.g. have both copies running simultaneously?

Also, I noticed an issue in the Credits where I didn't see my name listed under the Backers, but I have seen it around the fountain in the Alpha version I've been testing. I saw a few names repeated and so maybe there are typos, I'm not sure. I sent an email just now to info@atomuniverse.net just now about it, but thought you might know how to get that fixed.

Edited by TrishaBaby

7 minutes ago, Ransom_Stark said:

Thank's, I tried that a couple different times, w/ even a restart. 
I'll restart the laptop it's self first and try again, If not i'll wait a few 
& try again, Thanks for the heads up. 

Hope to see everyone soon. 

No problem. Hopefully it fixes up for you. Might just be steam being down in your area.

7 minutes ago, TrishaBaby said:

Thanks Dave. Would what you say also hold true if you backed up a copy of the other version (in another folder as Fanblade had suggested we do) instead of toggling that setting, e.g. have both copies running simultaneously?

Can't say.

7 minutes ago, TrishaBaby said:

Also, I noticed an issue in the Credits where I didn't see my name listed under the Backers, but I have seen it around the fountain in the Alpha version I've been testing. I saw a few names repeated and so maybe there are typos, I'm not sure. I sent an email just now to info@atomuniverse.net just now about it, but thought you might know how to get that fixed.

I'll pass this on to the team and get it corrected. :) 

Just now, Dave @ AU said:

Can't say.

I'll pass this on to the team and get it corrected. :) 

Ok, np. I'll try later and see.

Thanks for passing that on. I'm assuming that the backer list in the credits is hosted on the server somewhere and so a client update wouldn't be required. Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, TrishaBaby said:

Ok, np. I'll try later and see.

Thanks for passing that on. I'm assuming that the backer list in the credits is hosted on the server somewhere and so a client update wouldn't be required. Is that correct?

It's assets in the games, so it would need to a client update. 

Just now, Dave @ AU said:

It's assets in the games, so it would need to a client update. 

Oh I see. Do you know when a new client update can be provided to correct that, including those names I saw which were repeated which I'm guessing is causing some other people's names not to be seen as well?

25 minutes ago, TrishaBaby said:

Oh I see. Do you know when a new client update can be provided to correct that, including those names I saw which were repeated which I'm guessing is causing some other people's names not to be seen as well?

Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame for this. 

Tried it out and I love it! :D No problems at all on my end, worked beautifully :)

Pretty awesome.

Here it is some easy steps to get the update, enjoy :)

How_to_update_AU_in_steam.jpg

Edited by nio0

10 hours ago, Dave @ AU said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame for this. 

No problem, I understand. Thank you for passing along the issue to the dev team though. Please let me know if you need any other info (e.g. my email address associated with my donation). I'm thinking there may be an update before Early Access goes to everyone else so maybe the fix could be included in that update. :) 

In any case, the steps you provided worked flawlessly! I had recently heard from someone else that if you unselect that "king pin" option, the previous Alpha version does indeed get downloaded. If anyone else (maybe @Fanblade since he said he was going to back up the older game into a different folder) figures out a way to save both copies to your PC simultaneously so you don't have to re-download one of the versions whenever you want to switch, can you please post that here because to me that would be a faster and more convenient, if possible.

Also, nice illustration steps illustration @nio0! Thanks for sharing that! :) 

Edited by TrishaBaby
slight wording changes in 2nd paragraph

Thank you all.^-^

Now downloading.

https://youtu.be/n1qwUSY9wXs

Edited by Kusanagi Motoko

The Arcade Plaza is effin amazing, Good work everyone!! 
Can't wait for us to get that update on the PS4, So I can actually utilize it.
Keep up the great work!  

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking for a Steam key but I'd love one to help out testing. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Conjah said:

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking for a Steam key but I'd love one to help out testing. Thanks.

Hiya @Conjah! Welcome to the AU Community and Forums! :)

This topic was created to provide instructions for Atom Universe backers to follow for the Early Access version of the game. Sorry, but currently the Early Access version of the game is only available to backers of the game and we have not yet heard from Atom Republic when it will become available to the rest of the Steam community, but stay tuned for official announcements from them on these forums and their social networks (Facebook, Twitter) and blog.

Just now, TrishaBaby said:

Hiya @Conjah! Welcome to the AU Community and Forums! :)

This topic was created to provide instructions for Atom Universe backers to follow for the Early Access version of the game. Sorry, but currently the Early Access version of the game is only available to backers of the game and we have not yet heard from Atom Republic when it will become available to the rest of the Steam community, but stay tuned for official announcements from them on these forums and their social networks (Facebook, Twitter) and blog.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully see you sometime when the game gets released then. Take care!